BEDFORD, Ind. (Dec. 05, 2022) – Radius Indiana invites local homebrewers to put their skills to the test in its first-ever regional Home Brewing Competition Saturday, March 18 in Jasper, Indiana.
As the regional economic development organization for the region, Radius works to create opportunities for entrepreneurs to further develop their products and ideas. The new homebrew competition is the latest initiative for residents to showcase their talents.
The competition is open to any home brewer who has perfected the art of brew-making, or perhaps a beer lover that wants to try for the first time. Competitors must be a resident of one of the eight Radius Indiana counties: Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Greene, Lawrence, Martin, Orange, or Washington.
Competitors will be judged by a panel based on their specific brew category and cash prizes are guaranteed to raise a few cheers from the lucky winners. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category.
- Light – Pilsners, light ales and lagers
- Amber – Oktoberfests, nut browns and Irish reds
- Hoppy – Beer that showcases a strong hop profile
- Wheat – Beer that contains wheat or rye
- Dark – Stouts and porters
There is a $5 entry fee per brew that must be paid at the time of submission. Submissions can be made beginning March 1 at any of the dedicated dropoff locations below:
- Daviess County Economic Development, 201 E Main St Suite 202, Washington, IN 47501
- Dubois Strong Economic Development, 961 College Ave, Jasper, IN 47546
- Orange County Economic Development, 505 S Maple St, French Lick, IN 47432
- Radius Indiana, 1504 I St, Bedford, IN 47421
To register, please visit www.radiusindiana.com.
For questions or more specific information on dropoff hours and times, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Radius Indiana: Radius Indiana is a regional economic development partnership representing eight counties in Southern Indiana: Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Greene, Lawrence, Martin, Orange, and Washington. Formed in 2009, Radius Indiana also serves as a point of contact in Indiana for Naval Support Activity Crane and leads regional collaboration by leveraging the diverse assets of Southwest Central Indiana to drive attraction, retention and expansion of business, thereby increasing employment and investment opportunities and quality of life within the region.