- February 25, 2019
- BY radius
Radius Indiana Economic Development Course Returns to French Lick
BEDFORD, Ind. (Feb. 25, 2019) – Radius Indiana released the list of speakers for its third regional Economic Development for Community Leadership Program being held March 26-28, 2019 at the French Lick Resort.
The sessions include economic development experts, marketing consultants, and legal advisors. Speakers and sessions include:
- Introduction to Economic Development with Jim Plump, Jackson County Industrial Development Corporation;
- Real Estate/Site Development with Chelsey Manns, Manns Consulting;
- Business Finance & Incentives with Matt Eckerle, Umbaugh and Associates;
- Business Retention & Expansion with Jason Hester, Greater Columbus Economic Development Corporation;
- Local Government Finance with Dr. Larry DeBoer, Purdue University, College of Agriculture;
- Rural Housing with Matt Rueff, RATIO Architects;
- Strategic Planning and Community Relations/Collaboration with Wendy Dant Chesser, One Southern Indiana.
“Continuing to provide regional economic leadership and education into 2019 is a major objective for Radius and we are pleased to once again host this event,” said Radius Indiana President and CEO Jeff Quyle. “This year’s group of speakers is very well-rounded in the economic development field and I can’t wait to hear what the attendees take away from this year’s course.”
Registration for the Radius Indiana Economic Development for Community Leadership Program, which takes place March 26, 27 and 28, is available at www.radiusindiana.com. Registration for leaders in the Radius eight-county region is $450, and $475 for those who live outside the region. Radius expects the course to reach capacity in the coming weeks, so early registration is recommended.
Local Economic Development Organizations, elected officials and community leaders interested in attending are encouraged to contact the Radius Indiana office soon to learn more about scholarship opportunities in their area.
ABOUT RADIUS INDIANA: Radius Indiana is a regional economic development partnership representing eight counties in Southern Indiana: Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Greene, Lawrence, Martin, Orange, and Washington. Formed in 2009, Radius Indiana also serves as a point of contact in Indiana for Naval Support Activity Crane and leads regional collaboration by leveraging the diverse assets of the region to drive attraction, retention and expansion of business, thereby increasing employment and investment opportunities and quality of life within the region.