Economic Development for Community Leadership Program
Registration is now open for Radius Indiana’s 2021 Radius Indiana Economic Development for Community Leadership Program two-and-a-half-day course, which will take place June 9-11 at the French Lick Resort and will follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Orange County guidelines for social distancing to keep all attendees safe.
To register, visit this link.
Speakers from state agencies, site selection companies, secondary education institutions, and financial firms will share best practices and offer perspectives on local and regional economic strategies. Topics are focused on the day-to-day functions of economic development and are designed to help leaders keep the needs of economic development at the forefront of their efforts as they return to their daily responsibilities.
Confirmed speakers and subjects for the course will include:
- Jim Plump – Jackson County Industrial Development Corporation, Introduction to Economic Development;
- Carol Rogers – Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Data Profile for Your Community;
- Olga Pogoda – KRNLS, Coworking Spaces and Maker Spaces;
- Matt Eckerle – Baker-Tilly, Business Finance and Incentives;
- Wendy Dant Chesser – One Southern Indiana, Strategic Planning;
- Michael Wilcox – Purdue Center for Regional Development, Quality of Place;
- Chelsey Manns – Manns Consulting, Real Estate Development; and
- Christian Blome, Vincennes University Jasper Campus, and Michi McClain, Regional Opportunity Initiatives – Workforce Development.
Radius has several scholarships available from its own office as well as area utilities for community members who would like to participate in the program. Local Economic Development Organizations and those interested in attending are encouraged to contact the Radius Indiana office to learn more about scholarship opportunities in their area.
A block of rooms is available for attendees of the Economic Development Program.
The link to reserve online is available here.
To reserve over the phone, please call the French Lick Resort at (812) 936-9300 and use the code 0621RAD.
Radius would like to thank its utility partners for sponsoring this event. Thank you for your continued support of economic development and education in southern Indiana.